Author Topic: Northeast 24 HR Challenge video  (Read 2473 times)

EdKTM300

• View Profile
    • Email
Northeast 24 HR Challenge video
« on: September 07, 2015, 10:37:39 pm »
Here's a link to my Northeast 24 hr challenge video, I finished 4th in the Ironman 40+ class & had a blast. Hope there's a 2nd annual event in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW5qpy3h-E0

Brenden

• All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Northeast 24 HR Challenge video
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 03:31:07 pm »
great job on doing 25 laps!  that is an impressive number.   What kind of light setup did you have?

EdKTM300

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 09:28:39 pm »
great job on doing 25 laps!  that is an impressive number.   What kind of light setup did you have?
Thanks, I had a blast & not sure where I got the energy from to keep going, perhaps it was just the rush/adrenaline of the entire event. Looking forward to next year!  I used the Task Racing helmet light and a 12" 72 watt cree light bar I got off ebay. Both worked great without any issues.  Here's a link to the ebay light bar, it looks identical to the Task lightbar minus the decal & $$.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12Inch-72W-LED-Work-Light-Bar-Cree-Flood-Spot-Combo-4x4-Jeep-Boat-Driving-Lamp-/281657194495?hash=item419413b7ff&vxp=mtr

redrider911

• Global Moderator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 10:10:25 pm »
How was the light bar in the high speed sections?  I felt like I was going too fast for it and it shook excessively over the bumps
"I swear, some chicks around here look like they fell face first into a tackle box on their way to or from the IHOP."
- Trail Ryder

lucescrewz

• All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 10:43:24 am »
Great job on the race results!  I was spent fast, burned most of my energy trying to kick start after I stalled.  think you passed me at 13:10 in your video.  Doesn't look much like me, but the sound is unmistakable.
If/when I do this again, light investment seems to trump the tire investment.  I did what I could but could not get my front to stick for the life of me.  it went out on everything. Hence my burned energy kick starting.
Congrats again, pretty awesome!

EdKTM300

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 11:23:41 pm »
How was the light bar in the high speed sections?  I felt like I was going too fast for it and it shook excessively over the bumps
I never felt like I was over driving my head lights. Gopro doesn't show it as well as it was, the LED lights were super bright. Did get a little shaking/chattering on the braking bumps but didn't bother me. The ruts were the only thing I was cautious about because it was hard to tell the depth on some due to shadows and light angle.

EdKTM300

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 11:30:36 pm »
Great job on the race results!  I was spent fast, burned most of my energy trying to kick start after I stalled.  think you passed me at 13:10 in your video.  Doesn't look much like me, but the sound is unmistakable.
If/when I do this again, light investment seems to trump the tire investment.  I did what I could but could not get my front to stick for the life of me.  it went out on everything. Hence my burned energy kick starting.
Congrats again, pretty awesome!

Thanks, I ran the Vee rubber tackee up front and a Vee trials in the rear with no issues other than the rear sliding a little during the night when the heavy dew set in. I would run the same tires again.

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 08:12:37 am »
... I ran the Vee rubber tackee up front and a Vee trials in the rear with no issues other than the rear sliding a little during the night when the heavy dew set in. I would run the same tires again.

How many total miles did you do and how did the Tackee front hold up?

I have always liked the Vee Rubber rear trials tire.
2018 KTM XCW 250 (carbed) - NY Street Plated

"Lol'd at the guy that didn't hook up his tether and launched his retard chariot into the crowd."
- redrider911
"Yup you had crappy gay stuff compared to what is available now ..."
- bardeenm1

EdKTM300

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 10:03:11 pm »
... I ran the Vee rubber tackee up front and a Vee trials in the rear with no issues other than the rear sliding a little during the night when the heavy dew set in. I would run the same tires again.

How many total miles did you do and how did the Tackee front hold up?

I have always liked the Vee Rubber rear trials tire.

I ran 285 miles and they both still look like new. I can't believe how well these Vee 211 front tires hold up & they stick very well also. I use to run S-12 before I tries the Vee 211. I will never go back to a S12 now.  The Vee rear trials has better traction than the Pirelli 43 that I've run before. I'll run the same front at Monkey Butt on Sunday.