Author Topic: Hogback HS 2016 mega thread - 9th edition on dirteaters  (Read 6569 times)

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
Re: Hogback HS 2016 mega thread - 9th edition on dirteaters
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2016, 09:01:52 am »
Matt, did you ride the Harescramble?  Also, wondering who won the expert class and if the guy that appeared to have the lead on the first lap by a couple of minutes was actually in the race or was he just making sure the course was clear, out ahead of the afternoon race?  Didn't seem like anyone could be that far ahead of the pack after one lap?

That was Benny Bouwens and he won the race.

I talked to some experts after the race and yes, Ben was in fact that far ahead of all of them. He's just thats fast.
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59

BLACKeR

• All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2016, 01:19:24 pm »
haha yup, benny is just that fast; especially at hogback.

i had good start and a good finish with a pretty hazy middle. nailed my start, had one guy get around me in the first mile, but passed him back by the beginning of the second lap, then cracked my head really good on a tree trying to pass a guy towards the end of the second lap and did laps 3 and 4 in a haze. i was pretty good half way through the last lap and managed to take the win in Vet.

this was probably thr best the course has been in years. great flow, great dirt, and i had a blast. if Joe laid this course out he deserves a pat on the back, it was abut as good as it gets.

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2016, 07:45:55 pm »
haha yup, benny is just that fast; especially at hogback.

i had good start and a good finish with a pretty hazy middle. nailed my start, had one guy get around me in the first mile, but passed him back by the beginning of the second lap, then cracked my head really good on a tree trying to pass a guy towards the end of the second lap and did laps 3 and 4 in a haze. i was pretty good half way through the last lap and managed to take the win in Vet.

this was probably thr best the course has been in years. great flow, great dirt, and i had a blast. if Joe laid this course out he deserves a pat on the back, it was abut as good as it gets.

This one was not Joe.   Seth Eberhart was the lead this year. Joe has been president all year and explicity decided not to work on the HS at all after doing all the other stuff this year.
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2016, 09:54:00 pm »
... i regretted my enthusiasm as two riders in front of me went over the bars i knew i was going too fast, and i went too ...

When you crashed did your beer cooler stay intact?
2018 KTM XCW 250 (carbed) - NY Street Plated

"Lol'd at the guy that didn't hook up his tether and launched his retard chariot into the crowd."
- redrider911
"Yup you had crappy gay stuff compared to what is available now ..."
- bardeenm1

BLACKeR

• All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2016, 12:10:55 pm »
well ebers killed it.