Author Topic: 2008 250xc  (Read 1907 times)

Brenden

• All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
2008 250xc
« on: November 25, 2016, 02:35:01 pm »

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
2008 KTM 250XC
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 04:05:23 pm »
I think it will sell faster if you take pictures with the Christmas tree in the background.

What is the next bike in your plan?
2018 KTM XCW 250 (carbed) - NY Street Plated

"Lol'd at the guy that didn't hook up his tether and launched his retard chariot into the crowd."
- redrider911
"Yup you had crappy gay stuff compared to what is available now ..."
- bardeenm1

Brenden

• All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2008 250xc
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 04:24:00 pm »
when i get a tree i can do that!

I bought Marcs 200 XCW.

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 10:09:54 am »
I bought Marcs 200 XCW.

Congratulations; it certainly has LOW MILES.  And a street title???
2018 KTM XCW 250 (carbed) - NY Street Plated

"Lol'd at the guy that didn't hook up his tether and launched his retard chariot into the crowd."
- redrider911
"Yup you had crappy gay stuff compared to what is available now ..."
- bardeenm1

redrider911

• Global Moderator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 02:25:11 pm »
I heard some pro raced Marc's bike at the NE24HR race!
"I swear, some chicks around here look like they fell face first into a tackle box on their way to or from the IHOP."
- Trail Ryder

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 08:21:37 am »
I bought Marcs 200 XCW.

Congratulations; it certainly has LOW MILES.  And a street title???

It had a lot of miles before Marc got it, he just didn't put any miles on it. :)

2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 08:22:06 am »
I'll be curious what you think of the bike at your speed.  I obviously like mine, having owned it 2x longer than any other bike I had had previously.
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59

bardeenm1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 12:18:50 pm »
Between Andrew and Brenden they have as many hours on the bike as I put on in the past few years!

It was time for a bike change for me, I liked the 200 and will surely miss it.

Brenden

• All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 06:08:58 pm »
I'll be curious what you think of the bike at your speed.  I obviously like mine, having owned it 2x longer than any other bike I had had previously.

Ive ridden it twice. At the hogback and area51 races.  At hogback the bike was a handful.  I had done some tuning in my yard and had it running pretty sweet..in my yard.  I made some powervalve and jetting changes than made the midrange hit alittle too much.  That combined with a terrible clutch that would barely disengage and gearing that was too low, made it pretty tough to ride.  Wheelies everywhere.  So at Area51 I knew I would have it dialed  pretty sweet, and it was.    problem was my clutch cover gasket was leaking and i ended up running it dry and smoking the (brand new) clutch after three laps.   I really like being back on a lighter feeling revier bike.  Engine has alot of potential for power too.  I did miss my 250s mega power at times, but once i get used to murdering corners again I should be able to make it up on the fast sections.

alan, if you want more midrange out of your bike, the powervalve is super easy to adjust.  The power band can be changed dramatically.  In stock form the power band is at such high rpms that it is almost useless, although smooth

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 06:11:47 pm »

Ive ridden it twice. At the hogback and area51 races.  At hogback the bike was a handful.  I had done some tuning in my yard and had it running pretty sweet..in my yard.  I made some powervalve and jetting changes than made the midrange hit alittle too much.  That combined with a terrible clutch that would barely disengage and gearing that was too low, made it pretty tough to ride.  Wheelies everywhere.  So at Area51 I knew I would have it dialed  pretty sweet, and it was.    problem was my clutch cover gasket was leaking and i ended up running it dry and smoking the (brand new) clutch after three laps.   I really like being back on a lighter feeling revier bike.  Engine has alot of potential for power too.  I did miss my 250s mega power at times, but once i get used to murdering corners again I should be able to make it up on the fast sections.

alan, if you want more midrange out of your bike, the powervalve is super easy to adjust.  The power band can be changed dramatically.  In stock form the power band is at such high rpms that it is almost useless, although smooth

Not sure how I missed this for three wee,s but I just saw it now. 

Interesting.  I believe mmine is at all stock settings.  I've never touched jetting I know that (I hate working on two stroke carbs). 

I found the power to be pretty smooth across all the ranges, but maybe it's because Idon't have anything to compare to.  I know the ignition map is set to the milder setting because I checked.
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59