Author Topic: The Alta Motors Redshift  (Read 2153 times)

redrider911

• Global Moderator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Alta Motors Redshift
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 01:11:54 pm »
They just need to work on battery life.  It is currently at 90 minutes or less doing moto duty and 90 to 150 minutes trail riding.

And what was the price tag?  Yes to lazy to google!
$15k. Cheaper than those gay SxS
"I swear, some chicks around here look like they fell face first into a tackle box on their way to or from the IHOP."
- Trail Ryder

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 02:21:09 pm »

LOL!

I think if they get the price below $10K, that these will really take off.
2014 KTM XCFW 350 - NY Street Title

"Lol'd at the guy that didn't hook up his tether and launched his retard chariot into the crowd."
- redrider911
"Yup you had crappy gay stuff compared to what is available now ..."
- bardeenm1

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 08:27:59 pm »
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ktm/2017-ktm-freeride-e-xc-first-ride-review.html

The all-electric KTM Freeride E-XC is $8,299.  The Alta is $15,000.

As for competition, Alta Motors has its impressive Redshift we have yet to test, but itís far more powerful (120 lb-ft) and expensive ($15k) to be an actual rival. A KTM rep likened that comparison to a YZ450 and TT-R125.

The all-electric KTM Freeride E-XC peak output is rated at 21.5 HP and the torque is rated at 31 lb-ft.

"Lol'd at the guy that didn't hook up his tether and launched his retard chariot into the crowd."
- redrider911
- bardeenm1

bardeenm1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 09:43:37 am »
They just need to work on battery life.  It is currently at 90 minutes or less doing moto duty and 90 to 150 minutes trail riding.

And what was the price tag?  Yes to lazy to google!

I'll have lots of fun in a gay sxs for more then 90 minutes and be able to bring my family with me.  Not saying I'm buying one but I'm not against buying one.  They are so family friendly and that is my most important concern now days not getting away from my family.

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 01:52:25 pm »
I'll have lots of fun in a gay sxs for more then 90 minutes and be able to bring my family with me.  Not saying I'm buying one but I'm not against buying one.  They are so family friendly and that is my most important concern now days not getting away from my family.

Beleive me, I get it.  And if I could afford both and had the place and space to ride a SxS, I would have that in addition to a bike.

Take a look at the Polaris Ranger, it has seating for 3 across the front, and they are awesome for doing snowmobile trail work.  And used Rangers seem to be reasonably priced.  The problem with so many of these side by sides is they are huge and not allowed on many trails; not to mention trailering these can also be an issue.  But check out the Honda Pioneer 700-4.  The rear bed converts to seating for 4 and they are not as big has many of the jeep-like $30,000 monsters.

For what it is worth, spending $1,500 on a KDX200 will allow to get out every now and then with the rest of us for some fun.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:09:17 pm by Trail Ryder »

- redrider911
- bardeenm1

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 05:24:31 pm »
 Also, side-by-sideĎs are kind of in legal limbo in New York and have been for years. Most of them are over 1000 pounds so they cannot be registered as an ATV. The state doesnít seem to want to do anything about this because every time it comes up the laws is not changed. 

I personally am OK with that since quads make the trails wide enough already. And they keep getting bigger and wider.
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59

bardeenm1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 09:40:58 pm »
Also, side-by-sideĎs are kind of in legal limbo in New York and have been for years. Most of them are over 1000 pounds so they cannot be registered as an ATV. The state doesnít seem to want to do anything about this because every time it comes up the laws is not changed. 

I personally am OK with that since quads make the trails wide enough already. And they keep getting bigger and wider.

1000cc machines and 4 seaters are a no go in ny for my state registration.  Most 2 seaters can be registered.  Not sure what thatís worth though in my state.

Iím not buying one anytime soon so really not a concern.  I just see myself changing and had a blast a couple weeks ago driving around a buddies 1000 rzr eps.  Riding across his rutted farm field like I was riding in a Cadillac.  Wife even enjoyed driving it around. 

A guy down the road has a nice ranger brand new this past spring.  I agree they are nice also.

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2018, 12:21:44 pm »
I think if they got them under $5,000 that they would sell well.

These would be great for noise sensitive areas, back yards, mountain bike trails, ski hills, etc.

Harley-Davidson Takes Equity Stake In Alta Motors

https://www.dirtrider.com/harley-davidson-takes-equity-stake-in-alta-motors?CMPID=ene030818

- redrider911
- bardeenm1

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 03:27:39 pm »
Good for Alta.  They are kicking ass and taking names.

I saw this in another article linked from that one:
According to Alta, the MXR produces 50 hp and 147 pound-feet of torque at the countershaft

147 ft lb???????????????????  WOW HOLY SHIT

I think these things are going to cause a rule change.  That's 450 level HP.  And the torque.........well no gas engine of the sizes run in motocross can even come close to matching, ever.
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59

Jim Dettman

• All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2018, 07:46:41 pm »

Just keep in mind that power is not everything; you need to get it to the ground.

2009 CRF250x /2009 CRF450x

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2018, 06:49:25 pm »
Just keep in mind that power is not everything; you need to get it to the ground.

I have ridden the Alta MX model and it gets the power to the ground and accelerates like no other bike that I have every ridden.

Plus, being electric, the potential for acceleration maps is infinite.

- redrider911
- bardeenm1

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email

- redrider911
- bardeenm1

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2018, 08:36:50 am »
Yeah...Yamaha has big money and Toyota also has an ownership stake.  They way bigger than KTM but not quite Kawasaki (the GE of Japan) sized.
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2018, 04:20:47 pm »

- redrider911
- bardeenm1

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2018, 04:07:14 pm »
I wonder what the range on it is.  For road use it would probably be awesome though.  Emissions are zero and the throttle position should be consistent on the road so the rnage is probably good.
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59