Author Topic: Lost Trails ATV park  (Read 482 times)

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
Lost Trails ATV park
« on: July 29, 2017, 05:09:14 pm »
On my way back from NJ this week I stopped in at NA Warhorse in Scranton, one of biggest dealers in the north east.  It's also the parking and registration area for Lost Trails ATV park.   

I looked at a map and talked to the girl at the registration desk.  She said their total trail mileage is around 80, and that the main loop is about 3 hours all the way around.

http://www.ridelosttrails.com/

Google maps says it's exactly 3 hours from my house. I'd say thays about right based on making that trip about a million times in the last two decades. 

So I'm guessing close to four for most Rochester and Buffalo folks. 
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lost Trails ATV park
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 05:50:51 pm »
Interesting.
2014 KTM XCFW 350 - NY Street Title

"Lol'd at the guy that didn't hook up his tether and launched his retard chariot into the crowd."
- redrider911
"Yup you had crappy gay stuff compared to what is available now ..."
- bardeenm1

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 10:32:38 am »
Interesting.

I'd like to check it out.  Three hours one way is only a little bit farther than Majestic and it seems to have some cool stuff. 
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59

Jim Dettman

• All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 04:29:25 pm »

Looks interesting....I wish there was something a little closer, but 2 1/2 hours is not bad.    I was just talking to my wife last night about finding a place like this and doing that rather than HS's.

I did Knobby Acres in Cortland yesterday and what a mad house.  Class C Vet was the class behind me and had over 90 bikes alone.   Guessing it was close to 400 bikes on an 8 mile course.

I've got three more rides planned for the year (a D4 enduro, one more WNYOA event, and then Hogback in Nov), but would swap one of them out for something like this.

RAC is down in that area as well (little further south) and actually maybe faster for those in Rochester/Buffalo to get to:

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/pennsylvania_14294/ride_61de.htm

While it's cheaper for the season ($120), all they offer is a seasonal rate.   No marked trails, rules, or patrols from what I understand. You ride totally at your own risk.   Definitely plan on at least one buddy ridding down there.   It's open all year too although hunting season might be a bit of a problem<g>.

Jim.
2009 CRF250x /2009 CRF450x

redrider911

• Global Moderator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 08:46:35 pm »
I'd try it and make a weekend out of it. Years ago,  I heard a ton of bad reviews about how rocky it was. I saw they pit a ton of money in to resolving that.
"I swear, some chicks around here look like they fell face first into a tackle box on their way to or from the IHOP."
- Trail Ryder

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 08:40:56 am »
Lost Trails used to be in a different location, so that may have been the rocky one. 

They moved because the original location is now an indoor/outdoor waterpark and hotel.  It's now this: https://www.kalahariresorts.com/pennsylvania/parks/indoor-waterpark
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59

Scooter

• All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 10:43:00 pm »
That place was awewome, and I didn't think it was much more rocky than some of the stuff I have done in the Adirondacks or even a few wnyoa tracks.  Haven't been back since they changed locations though.
450s RULE!