Author Topic: 2017 Monkey Butt 100 Dual Sport Trail Ride - September 17th  (Read 2184 times)

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 01:57:28 pm by Trail Ryder »
2018 KTM XCW 250 (carbed) - NY Street Plated

"Lol'd at the guy that didn't hook up his tether and launched his retard chariot into the crowd."
- redrider911
"Yup you had crappy gay stuff compared to what is available now ..."
- bardeenm1

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Monkey Butt 100 Dual Sport Trail Ride - September 17th
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 03:01:07 pm »
Yes! Going to sign up soon

Also this will be going through Hogback again.  They just asked and of course we said yes.
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 03:40:41 pm »
I posted on the Rochester Craig's List:

https://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/d/trail-ride-september-17/6257017213.html

Alan, can you post on Syracuse Craig's List?

Can anyone post on Buffalo Craig's List?

"Lol'd at the guy that didn't hook up his tether and launched his retard chariot into the crowd."
- redrider911
- bardeenm1

Jim Dettman

• All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 08:26:27 am »

Curious if anyone thinks if anyone would have a problem with me doing the non-town loop twice for the MB.

While I enjoy the woods at Hogback and the track very much, I don't like the trip out on the road or through the town (I'd feel a lot better if I had a working brake light, but another year gone by and still not done).

So I was thinking about doing the one loop twice.    That day there is also Twisted Fence, which is a WNYOA HS and I was trying to make up my mind which to do.

I've only managed one ride this year so far due to a dumb get-off on the 450.  I managed to sprain my thumb pretty good and trash my Shoei helmet, so I'm going to miss the D4 enduro I had planned to run tomorrow.

MB and Hogback in Nov are the last two things I had planned, but I may try to get down to majestic or spend a weekend at RAC.

Jim.
2009 CRF250x /2009 CRF450x

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 01:46:10 pm »
Curious if anyone thinks if anyone would have a problem with me doing the non-town loop twice for the MB.

While I enjoy the woods at Hogback and the track very much, I don't like the trip out on the road or through the town (I'd feel a lot better if I had a working brake light, but another year gone by and still not done).

So I was thinking about doing the one loop twice.    That day there is also Twisted Fence, which is a WNYOA HS and I was trying to make up my mind which to do.

Probably not a good idea, as the club closes each trail section as soon as the sweep riders enter a section, which is right after last rider enters the section.  If you are riding a closed section, after it has been swept, you are sort of tresspassing and if you get hurt and are stuck out there, no one would know or be able to help you.

Although, not official yet, they are asking everyone to bring a gas can this year for Loop 2, so they may not be running into town this year for fuel.

For what it is worth, they have been running the Newark Enduro since 1935 and the Monkey Butt since 2012 with no issues with "registered" dirt bikes running the roads.  The New York State Troopers, the Wayne County Sheriffs Department, and Newark Police are all aware of and have supported this event for years, and I only know of a couple of unisured riders having an issue in 2002 or so, and the local judge tossed out any and all charges.  They didn't even need to show up for court.

Just like the last 5 years, if you have a registered, insured, quiet bike, with a head light and tail light, and you don't ride down the road acting like a hoodlum, you should have no issues.  It the ones with flash lights taped to the fender, no plate mounted to the bike, no insurance, and no muffler packing that should have something to worry about.

I think having a working brake light, is the least of your concerns, but it seems like all you need is $30 and about an hour of time to take care of that:

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1156/49850/DRC-Moto-LED-Tail-Brake-Light?v=3894&c=303

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1195/25925/Tusk-Hydraulic-Brake-Switch-Nissin-Brakes?v=3894

- redrider911
- bardeenm1

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 01:49:52 pm »
Also, Saturday I lent a hand doing some trail maintenance on the WCMC property and things were way drier than I expected.  If the current weather forecast holds, then the trails should be near perfect for this year's event.

- redrider911
- bardeenm1

Jim Dettman

• All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 07:25:22 am »

Probably not a good idea, as the club closes each trail section as soon as the sweep riders enter a section, which is right after last rider enters the section.  If you are riding a closed section, after it has been swept, you are sort of tresspassing and if you get hurt and are stuck out there, no one would know or be able to help you.

Understood, which is why it would only be possible if the non-town loop was in the afternoon.  If it was in the morning, then I could certainly understand it being closed and not ride able.

Jim.
2009 CRF250x /2009 CRF450x

redrider911

• Global Moderator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 07:12:17 pm »
Just got word the total mileage is 105 this year. I can't remember the last time it even got to 100. Gonna be a good ride. About the same amount of pavement though
"I swear, some chicks around here look like they fell face first into a tackle box on their way to or from the IHOP."
- Trail Ryder

Clayfan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 02:02:13 pm »
So does "bring gas for loop 2" mean loop 2 starts at the Fire Hall so its a figure 8 trail loop?  Back to the Fire Hall after loop 1?  Kinda like they did a few years ago?

redrider911

• Global Moderator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 08:49:22 pm »
I believe so. That's how it normally is at the ride. There's another gas stop in town on the 2nd loop (usally) as well.
"I swear, some chicks around here look like they fell face first into a tackle box on their way to or from the IHOP."
- Trail Ryder

mirageags

• All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 11:33:09 pm »
I will be there riding as much of it as i can before i gotta bail by 2, son has a game in brockport at 3:30. I might just ride the first loop and grab my garbage plate
2017 KTM 250 EXC-F
1983 KTM 250 MXC
2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 (vz800)
2008 Honda TRX250EX ( wifes)
1988 yamaha razz 50 scooter

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 11:30:43 am »
I will be there riding as much of it as i can before i gotta bail by 2, son has a game in brockport at 3:30.

That is too bad, but kudos for being a good parent.  I thought all kids' football games were on Saturdays?

I believe all loops return to the fire hall, where you can re-fuel from your own can.  I am not sure if this year's ride passes the Newark Arrowmart for fuel or any other gas stations.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:29:39 pm by Trail Ryder »

- redrider911
- bardeenm1

redrider911

• Global Moderator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 05:14:23 pm »
So do we return to the fire hall once or twice for gas?
- Trail Ryder

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 03:38:25 pm »
So do we return to the fire hall once or twice for gas?

At least twice I imagine.

- redrider911
- bardeenm1

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 07:33:08 am »
So I guess there was a MB100 FB post where someone asked about riding the event with their unregistered KDX200 and someone else just repeated what the flyer stated "Open to licensed bikes ONLY" which sparked a little debate.  Well the thread was quickly shut down.  Weird.

- redrider911
- bardeenm1