Author Topic: WNY Racing HS Fall Series  (Read 1309 times)

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WNY Racing HS Fall Series
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 12:47:39 pm »
After a WNYOA HS, the WCMC would sometimes rent a skid steer for a day to correct what damage we could.
2014 KTM XCFW 350 - NY Street Title

"Lol'd at the guy that didn't hook up his tether and launched his retard chariot into the crowd."
- redrider911
"Yup you had crappy gay stuff compared to what is available now ..."
- bardeenm1

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 06:42:04 pm »
After a WNYOA HS, the WCMC would sometimes rent a skid steer for a day to correct what damage we could.

We did that.  Two of them. Got them as a sponsored deal from American Equipment.  Mostly used to fix the neighborís property as that was the priority. But some of ours was done too. 

Even with close to 30 hours total between the two machines itís still pretty messed up. 

We will probably get another in the spring. 

The board is going to figure out how to proceed.  WNYOA usually uses a property for a few years then moves on.  But our land is all we have and we canít move on from it. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:45:55 pm by ajd187 »
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2017, 08:44:55 am »
WNYOA usually uses a property for a few years then moves on.

You mean CNYOA destroys a property in one year, leaves behind a rutted up mess, littered with Gatorade bottles, food wrappers, and broken plastic.  And then promoters will continue to re-use these quagmires for as long as they possibly can.

When I went to the first Unadilla GNCC, I was throughly impressed with Racer Productions.  As soon as the final pro race was over, out came a crew of several skid steers with special attachments for getting rid of and filling in the ruts.  The following year, it almost looked like virgin course.

2014 KTM XCFW 350 - NY Street Title

"Lol'd at the guy that didn't hook up his tether and launched his retard chariot into the crowd."
- redrider911
"Yup you had crappy gay stuff compared to what is available now ..."
- bardeenm1

Clayfan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 04:31:01 pm »
Well it might have been like that several years back but since about 2011, Unadilla is basically done.  Not really a lot of property to work with there and it was getting huge entries which made it even worse.

It was not well liked by the XC1 and XC2 guys as its so short they could be into lappers inside of 2 laps.

I see its not part of the GNCC series for 2018 but Black Sky near Harpursville is.  Formerly a WNYOA site I have not ridden that loop yeat but from what I hear its more woods rider firendly than the big jumps at Dilla.

And maybe the big party crowd that always brought the problems at Dilla will stay away which would make me happy.  Nothing sucks worse than not getting any sleep the night before a race because idiots are drinking and yelling all night in the camp area.