Author Topic: WNY Racing HS Fall Series  (Read 329 times)

Clayfan

• View Profile
    • Email
WNY Racing HS Fall Series
« on: October 04, 2017, 02:41:12 pm »
Cato, Cato?  Round 2, been a few years since a WNYOA Shit Fest there in 2013 (Not Cato's fault, sunny in the morning then the rain fell so hard it was crazy)  Looking forward to riding there, lots of elevation changes at that place if they use all the trail available there.

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WNY Racing HS Fall Series
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 03:26:10 pm »
Is there a flyer yet for the series?
2014 KTM XCFW 350 - NY Street Title

"Lol'd at the guy that didn't hook up his tether and launched his retard chariot into the crowd."
- redrider911
"Yup you had crappy gay stuff compared to what is available now ..."
- bardeenm1

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 01:46:01 pm »
Yes, one has gone out via mail.

Cato was a late addition. There was another venue in the schedule, but they backed out.  It was even less Western NY than Cato though.
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 04:10:24 pm »
Yes, one has gone out via mail.

Where can one find the details online?

"Lol'd at the guy that didn't hook up his tether and launched his retard chariot into the crowd."
- redrider911
- bardeenm1

Jim Dettman

• All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 03:07:52 pm »
Mine came today.

Jim.
2009 CRF250x /2009 CRF450x

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 10:12:48 am »
Mine came today.

Can you post the dates and locations?  Some newbies at work want to try the series, but can't find anything on-line.

Thanks.

- redrider911
- bardeenm1

Jim Dettman

• All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 09:44:10 pm »

Well I must be oblivious, because I can't figure out how to get the scans in.

Dates are:

Oct 22 - Pavilion
Oct 29 - Cato
Nov 5 - Hogback
Nov 12 - Area 51

Beginner Bike classes run at 9:30 am for 2 hours.

Running:
Novice
Senior C +30
Senior C +40
Plus 50
Beginner

Amateur/Expert 12:00 pm start, 2 hrs
Expert
Amateur
Senior B +30
Senior B +40
Team

Quads 2:30 pm start, 1.5 hrs.

Bikes $30.   Gate Fee $10.

Jim.
2009 CRF250x /2009 CRF450x

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 09:06:46 am »
OK, thanks.

This is ALL that I could find on-line:  https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/2e2d54_06477bd030324b4a96d6db06e86c7349.pdf

Not a great way to build excitement and draw people in.  Maybe they want to bring rider numbers down for the series.

- redrider911
- bardeenm1

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 02:38:00 pm »
Yes.  WNYRacing is in charge of promotion for this series. :)

PRA has started promotion of our 11/5 event.
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59

redrider911

• Global Moderator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 04:35:01 pm »
I wonder who is in charge of sleeping,  I mean promotion over there
"I swear, some chicks around here look like they fell face first into a tackle box on their way to or from the IHOP."
- Trail Ryder

mirageags

• All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 08:54:32 am »
Iím doing the whole series this year!
1999 Yamaha YZ250
1983 KTM 250 MXC
2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 (vz800)
2008 Honda TRX250EX ( wifes)
1988 yamaha razz 50 scooter

Clayfan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 02:50:00 pm »
So, its over again for another season.

Too bad we lost Cato due to the 4 inches of rain they got out there.  It was the right call

To be frank, while I raced the Palmyra Round in the rain and slop and did ok (4th on the OFG 50plus class) I hope PRA did not damage their property too much. 
It was really starting to fall apart by the time the Expert and Am bikes were done.  I did not stick around to see what the Quads did after.  Thank god the entry looked low for the Quad race that day.

I'll start the piss and moan post now.

1.  How come WNY Racing insists on using Moto Lap Scoring when they have access to a Bar Code reader scoring system that would provide us with lap times, call out the (selective trail users, see "Cheaters" in the Websters Dictionary) , certain to be able to score more classes at once and certain to be more accurate that what we have now.  I've never seen so many times the scoring goes up then comes down because they missed someones lap.

2.  As a worker at Area 51 and as much as I do not mind volunteering my time.  It is my time to marshal riders and keep them on the trail, help injured riders or get word out of the bush to more qualified people and make trail changes between the Minis, Race 1 and 2 and changes again before the Quads.
It is not my job or part of the description to follow  your "Little Johnny" around on his 50 or 65 and try to bump start his bike every time he falls over.  The reason we had to "bump" start this poor kids 65 was because I think it had the compression of a worn out lawnmower.  You could kick it all you wanted but it was not getting enough fuel and it clearly was in need of a rebuild.  IT stuns me to think parents would send a 6-7 year old out on a POS like that.  Kid had good gear on and some sweet graphics but, Really?  Get it to run correctly first please.
Further to that, when they were trying to do the Riders Meeting on the line, a few of the riders in a couple of lines would not shut down their motors.  When asked why they said "I might not get it started again"  Now I know this is supposed to be a "just for fun " series but really, you came to a dead engine start race with an engine that doesn't start?  WFT?

3.  We had a couple of 1st turn wrecks, (one that affected us as it took my son's girlfriend out for the day with a injury)  When will some of these guys get it in their heads this is all for a $5 plastic trophy?  Seriously, if you can't steer the motorcycle and do not understand the throttle works both ways I'd really like you to stay home.

End of rant.

Congrats to the winners of the series and to all the Riders that participated
Good job on the Track Owners ,workers and volunteers on trying to expand it. (now get us some electronic scoring please)

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 10:32:16 pm »
 Thanks.  Our land is going to be OK.   We had two mini excavators out there over the weekend on our property and the neighbors property.  Cleaned up a good bit of it from what I hear.  Will stay off of it for a while until it heals a little.

Electronic scoring has itís own set of issues.  The cost is kind of high, and the systems donít really work that well, at least not the ones we have tried. You also need a full set of back up scorers as well as people to run the electronic scoring system.   That all costs money.   And you need to get four track owners to agree to cut into their profits to use one.  So we know itís an issue, just not an easy one to solve.
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59

Brenden

• All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 05:20:01 pm »
My solution to the slow scoring, is to just leave after the race and check online in a couple days.  The first year they did the series, I waited around for almost 2 hours after the race, to get my award.  After getting it, I felt empty inside after waiting so long.  Never again, I said.

Other than that, series is great, tracks are a blast, cant wait until next year.

mirageags

• All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 07:25:55 pm »
Our woods at PRA are hosed, i went out on the pit bike afterward, even after repair it took a serious beating. We need to stop with this quad nonsense. And the reason wnyracing doesnít use their point system to call out the cheaters-they are lazy.
1999 Yamaha YZ250
1983 KTM 250 MXC
2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 (vz800)
2008 Honda TRX250EX ( wifes)
1988 yamaha razz 50 scooter