Author Topic: 2019 2-STROKE BUYER’S GUIDE  (Read 289 times)

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
2018 KTM XCW 250 (carbed) - NY Street Plated

"Lol'd at the guy that didn't hook up his tether and launched his retard chariot into the crowd."
- redrider911
"Yup you had crappy gay stuff compared to what is available now ..."
- bardeenm1

Trail Ryder

• HHM
  • All pro
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2019 2-STROKE BUYER’S GUIDE
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 11:47:55 am »
This one caught my attention.

GPX MOTO TSE250: $5600
This is an Asian-made two-stroke that is based on the Yamaha WR200 from the ’90s. It has oil-injection, an electronic power valve and a six-speed gearbox. GPX equips this bike well, with handguards, frame guards, a headlight, a trip meter, a skid plate, tapered handlebars and a number of billet parts, including the footpegs and triple clamps. From the same importer as Pitster Pro.

But $5,600 is NOT tempting enough, especially when you consider proven and reliable brand new left-over offerings from Europe and Japan are not much more.

Plus what is the dealer and aftermarket support for GPX?  Zero!  And what is the re-sale value for a GPX model?  Zero, again!

I also read how the GPX-supplied air filter cage fits TERRIBLE (letting lots of dirt in) and yet the seemingly identical KTM/Husqvarna air filter cage fits the GPX perfect.  Looks like China cannot even copy things correctly.  Makes you wonder what mistakes are inside the engine or suspension.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 11:51:41 am by Trail Ryder »
2018 KTM XCW 250 (carbed) - NY Street Plated

"Lol'd at the guy that didn't hook up his tether and launched his retard chariot into the crowd."
- redrider911
"Yup you had crappy gay stuff compared to what is available now ..."
- bardeenm1

ajd187

• Administrator
  • All pro
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 2-STROKE BUYER’S GUIDE
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 08:47:06 am »
I spotted that one too.  And then when I saw it was the same importer as Pitster Pro I noped out. 

I agree that resale is basically zero.  Parts are probably a non issue, you can probably just fit parts for whatever bike they stole the design from :)
2007 KTM 200 XC-W #59